Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome to 2009 and to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! Do you ever find yourself thinking up an idea that seems really good in your head then, when it comes time to put it into practice, there are a million other things you should be doing (yes, I really DO need to beat Dad's high score on Wii baseball), or that the idea seemed better in theory than in practice, due simply to the amount of sheer hard work you realise it's going to be? Do you need to add more work to your life? Wouldn't it be better to procrastinate (oh, need to beat Dad's top score in Wii bowling as well!)? That's me and this blog. However, I'm starting it now, after all, the journey of a thousand miles begins with blah blah blah....
I've recently (in the past couple of months) decided that I would become all crafty and creative and little-miss-homemaker-esque. No idea where any of that came from really, just one day I decided, "I'm going to start MAKING things." So I did. These are some of the things I've made recently:

It was Dad's 50th in December. I insisted on making his cake, believing that a cake baked with love is far better than a cake bought from a store. The reality of the situation was that I had just worked a 10 hour shift, came home to bake 24 cupcakes and attempt to
 bake a double layer chocolate and caramel buttercream cake. Note that I said attempt, this is very important. The cake tins weren't big enough, so I ended up with 2 layers that looked like pancakes. I gave up. The next day
 (the day of his party and his birthday) I refused to be beaten by a cake. And I made it again. This one turned out far better (tasted good too)! 






I was in a very cakey-bakey mood Christmas week! These are some of the vanilla Christmas cupcakes I baked. I found myself slowly turning off cakes as I turned into a baking 
machine. Never fear, my sweet tooth has now returned.










One of my friends has been having a lot of trouble finding a journal that was just right for her, so I made her one that was specifically for her. I got just a plain old hardcover spiral-bound notebook and personalised it for her. I papered the cover, made a little felt dress to attach to
 the front, and then hand-stitched her name into a little felt nameplate. It was the first really crafty thing I've done, so I was a bit excited by the results. 
Here are the before and after shots: 





That's all for now, kids! Love and Laughter xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment